GREEK CUISINE RECIPES
Fried cod fish (Μπακαλάος Τηγανητός)
- Cod is an excellent alternative to meat
- Cod is a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Cod fish helps prevent heart attacks.
- Controls high blood pressure.
- Protects against Alzheimer’s disease
Tips & tricks
Fresh or salted cod involves dipping the fish in the batter and frying it to perfection. If using salted cod, the first step is the removal of the salt from the cod fish.The procedure takes about 24 hours.
If the pieces are not similar in size, some pieces will be saltier than others. To avoid this, use two separate containers,one for the smaller pieces and one for the larger pieces, to achieve equal saltiness to small and large pieces. Taste the fish for saltiness prior to removing from water.
- The first thing we must do is to remove the excess salt from the cod.
- Cut the fish into pieces of equal size.
- Prepare the cod as shown in the video.
- Prepare the batter.
- Pour some oil into the pan and turn heat to medium.
- Dip the fish into the batter..
- When the edge of each cod fish piece has turned to a light brown color turn the fish over.
- When the fish starts to color on one side turn it over to the other side.
- Add some lemon to taste.