GREEK CUISINE RECIPES
Fried veal liver (Τηγανητό συκώτι μοσχαριού)
- Excellent source of protein
- Excellent source of Iron
- Excellent source of Vitamin A
- Rich in vitamin B12
Tips & tricks
Calf liver is served as an appetizer or as a side dish in Greek cuisine.
- Blot-dry the liver of any excess water using paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium and allow the pan to heat up.
- Once pan is hot, add butter.
- Begin sautéing the liver. You will have to turn it a few times until done, as shown next.
- Constantly adjust the heat until a gentle sizzle is heard.
- Next, check for doneness. You want to see some pink color, because the liver will continue cooking through due to residual heat.
- When done, remove and set aside.
- Add some more oil, and begin sauteing the onions.
- Season the onions with salt & pepper.
- Make sure you scrape off all the drippings from the pan, shown next.
- At this point add the broth mixture.
- Place the liver on top of the onions, and continue cooking at simmering heat for about 30 minutes or until or the juices are gone.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts; Learn how to make Fried veal liver (Τηγανητό συκώτι μοσχαριού), Greek cuisine