GREEK CUISINE RECIPES
Oven-baked cauliflower (κουνουπίδι στο φούρνο)
- Excellent source of Vitamin-C
- Excellent source of Vitamin-K
- Good source of Folate
- Good source of Potassium
- Good source of phosphorus
- Good source of Manganese
- Good source of Magnesium
Tips & tricks
To take advantage of alll the nutrients in Cauliflower it would be best to eat it raw on its own or added to your favorite salad. However, some people may experience some ‘gas’ due to some of the sugars in the cauliflower that are not very easily digestible.
By eating a lot of raw cauliflower you do not gain weight, but you do end up feeling full, which may help you slim down.
- Mix the onions with the cauliflower and place in a pan.
- In a bowl, add the minced garlic and all remaining ingredients in the tomato sauce.
- Give it a taste, for seasoning. Add some salt if needed.
- Mix well and pour onto the cauliflower.
- Cover with aluminum foil. (If you use a roaster instead, there is no need to use any foil)
- Bake at middle rack at 350 F for about an hour.
- After an hour remove foil and continue baking for another hour or until the juices have evaporated.