GREEK CUISINE RECIPES
Oven-baked leg of lamb ( πόδι αρνιού ψημένο στο φούρνο)
- helps reduce heart disease and stroke
- boosts the immune system
- excellent source of iron and calcium
- lamb contain antioxidants
- lamb contains omega-3 fatty acids
- lamb may boost the metabolism
- lamb fights certain types of cancer
Tips & tricks
This is another one of our top 10 recipes, and surprisingly it is the absolutely easiest recipe to follow giving you amazing results. Essential kitchen tool for this recipe, is an accurate meat thermometer and the roaster shown in the video. You will find a lot of non-greek recipes on lamb asking you not to over-cook the lamb, leaving a little pink inside. Roasting a leg of lamb, Greek style, is the opposite.
- Place some vegetables or pork ribs in bottom of pan just to prevent the leg of lamb from burning.
- Pierce the leg in numerous locations in order to insert herbs and seasoning, as shown in video.
- Apply some of the butter onto the meat.
- Season each cavity with salt and pepper.
- Season the leg with the remaining salt & pepper mixture.
- Place leg on top of pork ribs.
- Place thermometer in thickest part of leg and cook to perfection, details shown in video.