GREEK CUISINE RECIPES
Pork with dandelions & egg lemon sauce (χοιρινό με χόρτα με αυγό-λεμόνο)
- May help fight cancer
- Good source of antioxidants
- Good source of vitamins A
- Good source of vitamins C
- Good source of vitamins K
- May help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure
Tips & tricks
Use 1 tsp cornstarch per 1 cup of liquid you wish to thicken the sauce.
- First we will blanch the meat, by boiling it at medium heat for about 10 minutes, while continuously skimming the froth from the top, as shown.
- Once the froth has been removed, rince meat and allow to drain in colander.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the meat for a few minutes or until a crust develops. Once done, place meat in a large pot.
- Next, we will sauté the onions for a few minutes or until transluscent.
- Next, we will mix the tomato paste with the water, and we will add the sugar.
- Add the tomato mixture into the sautéing onions.
- Once ready, add the onion/tomato mixture into the pot along with the meat.
- At this point, add some more water.
- Bring again to a boil and then reduce heat to medium to allow the dandelions to cook.
- After 30 minutes of cooking the dandelions, add the cooked meat.
- Next, we will take some hot juices from the pot in order to gradually warm up the egg/lemon sauce to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, and beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Next, add the egg yolks and mix some of the lemon juice with the cornstarch before adding it to the beaten eggs.
- Add some more lemon juice or to taste.
- Gradually add the hot liquid a bit at a time.
- The Fricase is now ready.
If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts; Learn how to make pork with dandelions & egg lemon sauce (χοιρινό με χόρτα με αυγό-λεμόνο)